Dr. Buckminster Farrow is a general surgeon practicing in Katy, TX. Dr. Farrow specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Farrow provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine 1999
HAHNEMANN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE 1999
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Umbilical Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
- University of Texas medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and Affiliated Hospitals 2006
Dr. Buckminster J Farrow MD's Practice location
Katy, TX 77494Get Direction
Houston, TX 77074Get Direction
Katy, TX 77494Get Direction
Houston, TX 77024Get Direction
Dr. Buckminster J Farrow MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- Are There Long Term Complications For A Cholecystectomy?
Cholecystectomy, that is removal of the gallbladder, is usually considered a safe operation, however there is a small risk of complications associated as is with all procedures. Most of the complications and risks carried by cholecystectomy are minimal and can be reversed or fixed. Long term...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Dr. Brett D. Solomon M.D.7500 Beechnut St Houston TX 77074
- Amit K. Agarwal M.D.5122 Morningside Dr Houston Texas 77005
- Mohammad Talieh601 Grecian Way Houston Texas 77024
- Dr. Ata Ahmad M.D.11301 Fallbrook Dr Houston TX 77065
- Dr. Iman Al-haj MD12131 Westheimer Rd Houston TX 77077
- Dr. Carlos J Puig DO23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd Katy TX 77494