Dr. Erin Chiu is a pediatrician practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Chiu is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Chiu diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Chiu can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 2008
VA COMMONWEALTH UNIV SCH OF MED 2008
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 2008
- Ear Infection
- Stomach Flu
- Plantar Wart
- Strep Throat
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Erin D. Chiu M.D.'s Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22908Get Direction
Richmond, VA 23226Get Direction
Dr. Erin D. Chiu M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chiu
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- The BRAT Diet for Toddlers
IntroductionBRAT is a type of diet, which consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. The BRAT diet used to be a staple mostly recommended by pediatricians to children with an upset stomach. The main idea behind this diet is to provide a chance for the gut to rest and at the same time...
- Autism Assessments Are Male-Centered: Why?
Gender inequality comes in many forms. While there have been large strides in the right direction over the past couple centuries, there is much work to be done as a society. The medical field has their own gender inequality issues with patients. Historically, all health assessments and measurements...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Dr. Mark D Niehaus MD416 Albemarle Sq Charlottesville VA 22901
- Dr. Eliza T. Holland M.D.1501 N Campbell Ave Tucson AZ 85724
- Dr. Michael C. Spaeder M.D.111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Lori W. Balaban M.D.1011 E Jefferson St Charlottesville VA 22902
- Stephen M. Borowitz OtherLee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Matthew R Ledoux M.D.600 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834