Dr. James A Charles M.D. is a top Doctor in Bayonne, NJ.With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. James A Charles M.D. is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better.Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. James A Charles M.D. is a prime example of a true leader in health care.As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. James A Charles M.D. is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.In Bayonne, NJ, Dr. James A Charles M.D. is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1978
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School 1978
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Outpatient continuous intravenous dihydroergotamine for refractory headache.
- Observations of the "carry-over effect" following successful termination of chronic migraine in the adolescent with short-term dihydroergotamine, dexamethasone and hydroxyzine: a pilot study.
- Prevention of migraine with olmesartan in patients with hypertension/prehypertension.
- Almotriptan in the acute treatment of migraine in patients 11-17 years old: an open-label pilot study of efficacy and safety.
- Early treatment of juvenile migraine reduces disability with disease modification implications.
- Headache medicine--a comment.
- Outpatient home-based continuous intravenous dihydroergotamine therapy for intractable migraine.
- Trends in American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology specialties and neurologic subspecialties.
- Pathophysiology of chronic migraine and mode of action of preventive medications: a comment.
- Disease-modifying drugs for multiple sclerosis in pregnancy: a systematic review.
- Roadblock to the only FDA-approved treatment for chronic migraine.
- Improving referring physicians' understanding of electromyography reports.
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Umdnj-Univ Hosp, Neurology; Hackensack Univ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. James A Charles M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. James A Charles M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Charles
- Limit Your Risk for Prostate Cancer with Statins
A recent study has shown that the levels of prostate specific antigen (PSA), a marker of prostate cancer, lower in men who take statin drugs. This may lower the risk of advanced prostate cancer in men, according to a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.High levels of PSA...
- 15-State Bicycle Journey Helps Raise Money and Awareness for Muscular Dystrophy
To raise awareness and funding for muscular dystrophy, a 4,200 mile bike ride was organized that started in Seattle, Washington and ended at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, with a total of 15 states being crossed by the end. The event consisted of roughly 12 cyclists, and was made...
- Telemetry Nursing: What Is It?
One job that stands out against the rest can be described as one in which a lifetime of service for others is carried out through the use of care, patience, and sufficient schooling. The occupation that best fits this definition is nursing. For most, it would be rather difficult to have a...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Janet M Neigel M.D.101 Old Short Hills Rd West Orange NJ 07052
- Dr. Steven Paul Shikiar M.D.140 Grand Ave Englewood NJ 07631
- Dr. Sebastian Lighvani MD186 E 76TH ST NEW YORK NY 10021
- Dr. Maurice M Khosh M.D.425 West 59th Street New York NY 10019
- Dr. Jalal Fatehi DDS42 Broadway New York NY 10004
- Dr. Joshua Michael Rubinstein M.D.1685 MORRIS AVE BRONX NY 10457