Dr. Joanna Steinglass is a psychiatrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Steinglass is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Steinglass diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Steinglass may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Steinglass treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1999
Harvard Medical School 2000
- On Weight and Waiting: Delay Discounting in Anorexia Nervosa Pretreatment and Posttreatment.
- Overcoming fear of eating: A case study of a novel use of exposure and response prevention.
- Abnormal reward circuitry in anorexia nervosa: A longitudinal, multimodal MRI study.
- Decreased feedback learning in anorexia nervosa persists after weight restoration.
- Finding the disorder in binge eating disorder.
- Eating Disorders
- Ny And Presby Hosp, Psychiatry
- Ny and Presby Hospital
- Columbia University Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Program
Dr. Joanna E. Steinglass M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10024Get Direction
Dr. Joanna E. Steinglass M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- What Causes Binge Eating Disorder?
It is very normal for anyone to overeat once in a while. However, when you start overeating on a daily basis and it starts getting out of control, it is probably time to visit a doctor and get checked for binge eating disorder. It is basically a medical complication that makes you want to eat all...
- Ms. Esha Khoshnu M.D.570 Belleville Ave Belleville NJ 07109
- Dr. Calvin H. Haber M.D.1 Hickory Rd Woodmere New York 11598
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 5th Ave New York NY 10011
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD7701 13th Ave Brooklyn NY 11228
- Dr. Mariela Teresa Padro M.D.7600 S Red Rd, Suite 225 South Miami FL 33143
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.35 W. Hudson Avenue Englewood New Jersey 07631