Dr. Cecelia Patrice Kane MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry6th Ave And Spruce Street Building K Reading PA, 19611
Dr. Cecelia Kane is a psychiatrist practicing in Reading, PA. Dr. Kane is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Kane diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Kane may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Kane treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Desvenlafaxine and escitalopram for the treatment of postmenopausal women with
- Pharmacokinetics of venlafaxine extended release 75 mg and desvenlafaxine 50 mg in healthy CYP2D6 extensive and poor metabolizers: a randomized, open-label, two-period, parallel-group, crossover study.
- Open-label treatment with desvenlafaxine in postmenopausal women with major depressive disorder not responding to acute treatment with desvenlafaxine or escitalopram.
- Cytochrome P450 2D6 phenoconversion is common in patients being treated for depression: implications for personalized medicine.
Dr. Cecelia Patrice Kane MD's Practice location
Reading, PA 19611Get Direction
Dr. Cecelia Patrice Kane MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kane
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What Is Latuda Used For?
Generic Name: LurasidoneBrand Name: LatudaWhat is Latuda?Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the effects of brain chemicals. This medication is used for the treatment of schizophrenia in individuals who are 13 years old and above, and bipolar depression in...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- Different Types of Anxiety Disorders You Should Know About
Everyone feels anxious from time to time, but chronic anxiety can adversely impact the quality of your life. While in moderation, anxiety is not a bad thing, but when it becomes intense, it can have serious consequences on your physical health too. Everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some have...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Dr. Ramesh B. Eluri M.D.4641 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA 19124
- Dr. Adam Drew Scioli D.O.243 North Galen Hall Rd Wernersville PA 19565
- Dr. Aicha H Rifai MD640 Walnut St Reading PA 19601
- Dr. Franklin D Deguzman MD4131c Oregon Pike Ephrata PA 17522
- Dr. John Oliver Mclain M.D.3700 Nw 111th Place Ocala FL 34482
- Dr. Edward Chastka M,D.999 Berkshire Blvd Reading PA 19610