Dr. Colleen Tennyson is a psychiatrist practicing in Harrisonburg, VA. Dr. Tennyson is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Tennyson diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Tennyson may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Tennyson treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Dr. Colleen G Tennyson MD's Practice location
Harrisonburg, VA 22807Get Direction
Dr. Colleen G Tennyson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Can Kava Relieve Anxiety? Learn the Truth About this Herbal Remedy
Many people suffering from anxiety disorders often turn to prescription drugs to ease their pain. While medications prescribed by your physician can be helpful, it is also useful to explore homeopathic remedies. Kava, also known as kava-kava, is a plant-based relaxant that has been used by Pacific...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- Treatments for Binge Eating Disorder
Binge eating disorder can make a person’s life miserable. Actually, most people feel ashamed to come out and seek treatment. It is an easy condition to hide and someone might keep it from even the people closest to him or her. Eating disorders need a flexible treatment plan that can be adjusted to...
- Lou G. Bartram1241 North Main Street Harrisonburg Virginia 22802
- Dr. Steven E Hutchens MD644 University Blvd Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Dr. Inez J White MD1241 N Main St Harrisonburg VA 22802
- Dr. Brannon Lynn Weeks M.D.1955 Cliff Valley Way Ne Atlanta GA 30329
- Dr. Gerald L Brown M.D.847 Cantrell Ave Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Dr. Raymond J. Alderfer MD644 University Blvd Harrisonburg VA 22801