Dr. David J Shih MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology368 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth MA, 02747
Dr. David Shih is a nephrologist practicing in North Dartmouth, MA. Dr. Shih specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Shih most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Sclerosing peritonitis and systemic lupus erythematosus: a report of two cases.
- Notch1-induced brain tumor models the sonic hedgehog subgroup of human medulloblastoma.
- Epigenetic states of cells of origin and tumor evolution drive tumor-initiating cell phenotype and tumor heterogeneity.
- Novel MYC-driven medulloblastoma models from multiple embryonic cerebellar cells.
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Nephrology; Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Internal Medicine
Dr. David J Shih MD's Practice location
North Dartmouth, MA 02747Get Direction
Dr. David J Shih MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shih
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Dr. Xochitl P Zuniga M.D.1030 President Ave Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Thomas A Krahn M.D.1030 President Ave Fall River MA 02720
- Dr. Judy Lee Jang MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Faisal Jamal MD101 Page Street New Bedford MA 02740
- Dr. Slawomir Pajak M.D.237a State Rd North Dartmouth MA 02747
- Dr. Vivek Veerapaneni MD500 S Rancho Dr Las Vegas NV 89106