Dr. Nelson Castillo is a hand surgeon practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Castillo specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
- Hand Surgery, Microsurgery
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 2006
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, Orthopedic Hand Surgery Fellowship 2012
Experience & Accolades
- Member2012 - 2014Assistant Professor., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Dr. Nelson Castillo M.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
ATLANTA, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Nelson Castillo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Natural Treatments for PUPPP Rash
PUPPP RashPUPPP stands for pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. It is also known as PUPPS or PEP (polymorphic eruption of pregnancy) in the UK. The rash usually appears as small, itchy red bumps on the skin, particularly in the stretch marks found on the belly of pregnant women. A...
- How to Speak with Your Partner About Colitis
When you are diagnosed with Colitis and have experienced its life-altering symptoms, it is hard to think about anything but your own physical pain and inconvenience.At some point, it becomes obvious to the people you share your life with that something serious is going on. Frequent trips to the...
- What are the Risk Factors of Jock Itch?
Fungal infection in the groin area is referred as jock itch. The medical term is known as Tinea cruris. It is caused by a type of fungus called dermatophytes. It grows in the form of a circle on the skin and often looks like a ring. Hence this infection is often known as "ringworm," although no...
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Sinusitis is another word for an infection of the sinuses, which are four in number and are positioned at the back of the skull. These air spaces help to carry the skull’s weight. When the sinuses are congested, then infection can occur. There are a few reasons that may cause inflammation of the...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Dr. Daniel C. Sellman M.D.170 Southport Dr Morrisville NC 27560
- Dr. James A Nunley M.D.1000 Trent Dr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Wallace F Andrew MD3515 Glenwood Ave Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. James Thomas Marino M.D.120 William Penn Plz Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Harrison G Tuttle MD3515 Glenwood Ave Raleigh NC 27612
- Dr. Heather Virginia Lochner MDDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710