Dr. Alison W Newman M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry7300 Wyndham Dr 2nd Floor Sacramento CA, 95823
Dr. Alison Newman is a psychiatrist practicing in Sacramento, CA. Dr. Newman is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Newman diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Newman may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Newman treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine 2006
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Constitutional rights and hypnotically elicited testimony.
- The rise and fall of forensic hypnosis in criminal investigation.
- Chemical reactivity in solid-state pharmaceuticals: formulation implications.
- Ewing's sarcoma--a case report.
- Should physicians have facial piercings?
- Physical characterization of pharmaceutical solids.
- Changes in material properties accompanying the national formulary (NF) identity test for microcrystalline cellulose.
- Quantitation of cefepime.2HCl dihydrate in cefepime.2HCl monohydrate by diffuse reflectance IR and powder X-ray diffraction techniques.
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Alison W Newman M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95823Get Direction
Dr. Alison W Newman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Newman
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training?
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?It is your own way of discussing:...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Robert James Spensley4217 Winding Woods Way Fair Oaks California 95628
- Dr. Smita Reddy Other807 Davis St Evanston IL 60201
- Dr. Ajay Tal Singh M.D.3045 Arlington Ave Toledo OH 43614
- Dr. Mark Chofla D.O.1909 Capitol Avenue Sacramento CA 95811
- Dr. Hisham Soliman MD510 Plaza Dr. Folsom CA 95630
- Dr. Nissa Marie Perez M.D.4150 V St Sacramento CA 95817