Dr. Steven Lee Castle D.O. MPH
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Preventive Medicine/Occupational Environmental Medicine1650 Cochrane Cir Medical Boards/Ides Colorado Springs CO, 80913
Steven Castle is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Colorado Springs, CO. Castle specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Castle participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University 1990
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- Synthesis and evaluation of vancomycin and vancomycin aglycon analogues that bear modifications in the residue 3 asparagine.
- Catalytic asymmetric synthesis of the central tryptophan residue of celogentin C.
- Synthesis of beta-substituted alpha-amino acids via Lewis acid promoted radical conjugate additions to alpha,beta-unsaturated alpha-nitro esters and amides.
- Asymmetric synthesis of beta-hydroxy amino acids via aldol reactions catalyzed by chiral ammonium salts.
- Synthesis of the core structure of acutumine.
- Synthesis of beta-substituted alpha-amino acids via Lewis acid promoted enantioselective radical conjugate additions.
- Synthesis of the celogentin C right-hand ring.
- Stereoselective cascade reactions that incorporate a 7-exo acyl radical cyclization.
- Total synthesis of (+/-)-hasubanonine.
- Synthesis of the acutumine spirocycle via a radical-polar crossover reaction.
- Novel Cinchona alkaloid derived ammonium salts as catalysts for the asymmetric synthesis of beta-hydroxy alpha-amino acids via aldol reactions.
- Second-generation DBFOX ligands for the synthesis of beta-substituted alpha-amino acids via enantioselective radical conjugate additions.
- Synthesis of isohasubanan alkaloids via enantioselective ketone allylation and discovery of an unexpected rearrangement.
- Total synthesis of (-)-acutumine.
- Total synthesis of celogentin C.
- Enantioselective total synthesis of (-)-acutumine.
- Total synthesis of the antimitotic bicyclic peptide celogentin C.
- Stereoselective additions of thiyl radicals to terminal ynamides.
- Alkaloid synthesis: back to basics.
- Experimental and theoretical investigation of the scope of enantioselective ketone allylations employing Nakamura's allylzinc-bisoxazoline reagent.
- Regioselective base-free intermolecular aminohydroxylations of hindered and functionalized alkenes.
- Diastereoselective synthesis of vicinal tertiary diols.
- Exploration of an epoxidation-ring-opening strategy for the synthesis of lyconadin A and discovery of an unexpected Payne rearrangement.
- Total synthesis of the congested propellane alkaloid (-)-acutumine.
- Selective access to E- and Z-ΔIle-containing peptides via a stereospecific E2 dehydration and an O → N acyl transfer.
- Organic synthesis: Better chemistry through radicals.
- Microwave-promoted tin-free iminyl radical cyclization with TEMPO trapping: a practical synthesis of 2-acylpyrroles.
- The antioxidant properties of salicylate derivatives: A possible new mechanism of anti-inflammatory activity.
- Remodeling vancomycin yields a victory in the battle against bacteria.
- Bulky Dehydroamino Acids Enhance Proteolytic Stability and Folding in β-Hairpin Peptides.
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, General Preventive Medicine; Chicago Osteo Hosps & M C, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Steven Lee Castle D.O. MPH's Practice location
Colorado Springs, CO 80913Get Direction
Dr. Steven Lee Castle D.O. MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- What Causes Middle Back Pain?
Middle back pain, also known as upper back pain or thoracic back pain occurs anywhere between the bottom of the neck to the top of the lumbar spine, where the rib cage ends. The ribs are connected to the sternum (a narrow thickened plate in the center of the chest) and then wrap round the...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- Dr. John Michael Wempe M.D.11050 Mt Belvedere Blvd Fort Drum NY 13602
- Dr. Ryan K Stallings MD45-549 Plumeria St Honokaa HI 96727
- Dr. Sandra Kay Buseman MD MSPH605 Bannock St Denver CO 80204
- Dr. Edwin L Baca M.D.4323 Integrity Center Pt Colorado Springs CO 80917
- Dr. Jag mohan S Walia MD320 E Fontanero St Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Dr. Emily Kristen Burns MD495 West 4th Street Dove Creek CO 81324