Dr. Elliott S Cohen MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease675 W North Ave Melrose Park IL, 60160
Dr. Elliott Cohen practices Pulmonology in Melrose Park, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Cohen manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine & Pharmacy 1973
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Telemedicine, Intensive Care
- Columbia University Med Center
- Rush University Medical Center
- Columbia University Medical Center
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Colorado Health Foundation Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center Program
- Rush Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center, Pulmonary Medicine
- Rush University Medical Center - Rush System for Health, Chicago
Dr. Elliott S Cohen MD's Practice location
Melrose Park, IL 60160Get Direction
NASHVILLE, TN 37203Get Direction
Dr. Elliott S Cohen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cohen
- Is Pleurisy Contagious?
Our lungs are separated from the chest cavity by a very thin membrane that folds onto itself, forming a two-layered membrane known as the pleura. Between the two layers is a small cavity known as the pleural membrane.This cavity is filled with a small quantity of lubricating fluid, the primary...
- What is Lung Cancer? Facts About Lung Cancer You Should Know
Our body is like a machine and each part of the machine has a definite function to perform. Lungs, heart, brain, kidneys and every other part is important to support the function of life. A disease like cancer in any part of the body could cause severe impairment sometimes even resulting in...
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- Everything You Need to Know About Aspiration Pneumonia
Aspiration pneumonia or inhalation pneumonia is the inflammation of the lungs that occurs as a result of inhalation of various substances. These substances include vomit, food, foreign bodies, and regurgitated gastric juices.Aspiration of foreign objects can cause inflammation of the lungs,...
- The Fight Marches On: Making Life-changing Medicine Available to Everyone with Cystic Fibrosis
Every day, people coping with cystic fibrosis (CF) strive to live their lives to the fullest, from exercising and managing their everyday care to tackling obstacles head-on and raising awareness. Throughout the years, CF communities have been making their mark and pushing for better care. Today,...
- Antibiotics May Not Alleviate the Symptoms of Sinusitis
A recent study has shown that antibiotics like amoxicillin are not very effective in controlling the symptoms of sinusitis, which is the infection of sinuses and the nasal passages. The study was conducted on 166 participants and the results are published in the journal of the American Medical...
- Dr. Ikemefula Ekekwe MD2900 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60657
- Dr. Alexandre M. Furman MD17 Davis Boulevard Tampa Florida 33606
- Dr. Sean Forsythe MD2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Manu Jain MD680 N Lake Shore Dr Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Juanbosco Ayala M.D.12820 S Ridgeland Ave Palos Heights IL 60463
- Dr. Jay S Cowen MD800 W Central Rd Arlington Heights IL 60005