Dr. Theodore Deweese practices Radiation Oncology in Baltimore, MD. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Deweese specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Prostate-specific antigen and other markers of therapeutic response.
- Radiation myositis.
- Current evidence for the role of combined androgen suppression and radiation in the treatment of adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Multimodality therapy for the treatment of muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
- The molecular pathogenesis of prostate cancer: Implications for prostate cancer prevention.
- Oxidative stress in chemoprevention trials.
- The molecular pathogenesis of prostate cancer: focus on the earliest steps.
- A structured debate: immediate versus deferred androgen suppression in prostate cancer-evidence for deferred treatment.
- Radiation therapy for the treatment of locally advanced and metastatic prostate cancer.
- Acute and late radiotherapy toxicity in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- GSTP1 CpG island hypermethylation is responsible for the absence of GSTP1 expression in human prostate cancer cells.
- Reversal of GSTP1 CpG island hypermethylation and reactivation of pi-class glutathione S-transferase (GSTP1) expression in human prostate cancer cells by treatment with procainamide.
- Salvage radiotherapy for rising or persistent PSA after radical prostatectomy.
- Dosimetric and technical considerations for interstitial adenoviral gene therapy as applied to prostate cancer.
- Expression of the DNA-PK binding protein E4-34K fails to confer radiation sensitivity to mammalian cells.
- Enhanced radiation and chemotherapy-mediated cell killing of human cancer cells by small inhibitory RNA silencing of DNA repair factors.
- Inadequate "caretaker" gene function and human cancer development.
- Novel therapeutic strategies in prostate cancer management using gene therapy in combination with radiation therapy.
- Two secondary malignancies after radiotherapy for seminoma: case report and review of the literature.
- Making the right choices for radiation therapy.
- Enhanced radiation response through directed molecular targeting approaches.
- Hematopoietic progenitor stem cell homing in mice lethally irradiated with ionizing radiation at differing dose rates.
- Radiation therapy and androgen suppression as treatment for clinically localized prostate cancer: the new standard?
- Evasion of early cellular response mechanisms following low level radiation-induced DNA damage.
- The life and death of DNA-PK.
- Marimastat in the treatment of patients with biochemically relapsed prostate cancer: a prospective randomized, double-blind, phase I/II trial.
- Loss-of-function of Nkx3.1 promotes increased oxidative damage in prostate carcinogenesis.
- Radiation dose escalation as treatment for clinically localized prostate cancer: is more really better?
- Hyperthermic biology and cancer therapies: a hypothesis for the "Lance Armstrong effect".
- Can PSA nadir predict prostate cancer outcomes following radiotherapy?
- Phase II study of imatinib mesylate in patients with prostate cancer with
- ABT-888, an orally active poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor that potentiates DNA-damaging agents in preclinical tumor models.
- Defining the appropriate measure of success for adjuvant radiation following prostatectomy.
- Perineural invasion affects biochemical recurrence-free survival in patients with prostate cancer treated with definitive external beam radiotherapy.
- Radiation therapy for prostate cancer: the role for dose escalation.
- Clinical practice. Localized prostate cancer.
- High-resolution, small animal radiation research platform with x-ray tomographic guidance capabilities.
- Evaluation of safety in a radiation oncology setting using failure mode and effects analysis.
- Impairment of APE1 function enhances cellular sensitivity to clinically relevant alkylators and antimetabolites.
- Evaluating advanced technologies in radiation oncology: when and how should randomized trials be done?
- Effects of prostate-rectum separation on rectal dose from external beam radiotherapy.
- Downregulation of homologous recombination DNA repair genes by HDAC inhibition in prostate cancer is mediated through the E2F1 transcription factor.
- Clinical results of a pilot study on stereovision-guided stereotactic radiotherapy and intensity modulated radiotherapy.
- Prostate-targeted radiosensitization via aptamer-shRNA chimeras in human tumor xenografts.
- Tissue biomarkers for prostate cancer radiation therapy.
- Chloroquine improves survival and hematopoietic recovery after lethal low-dose-rate radiation.
- Preliminary study of injury from heating systemically delivered, nontargeted dextran-superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles in mice.
- The effect of cell cluster size on intracellular nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermia: is it possible to treat microscopic tumors?
- Method to reduce non-specific tissue heating of small animals in solenoid coils.
- The effect of anterior proton beams in the setting of a prostate-rectum spacer.
- Targeting aberrant DNA double-strand break repair in triple-negative breast cancer with alpha-particle emitter radiolabeled anti-EGFR antibody.
- Irreversible inhibition of DNA polymerase beta by small-molecule mimics of a DNA
- Monitoring nanoparticle-mediated cellular hyperthermia with a high-sensitivity biosensor.
- Development and screening of a series of antibody-conjugated and silica-coated iron oxide nanoparticles for targeting the prostate-specific membrane antigen.
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiation followed by interstitial prostate brachytherapy for synchronous prostate and rectal cancer.
- Androgen withdrawal fails to induce detectable tissue hypoxia in the rat prostate.
- Absorbable hydrogel spacer use in men undergoing prostate cancer radiotherapy: 12 month toxicity and proctoscopy results of a prospective multicenter phase II trial.
- Magnetic resonance imaging contrast of iron oxide nanoparticles developed for hyperthermia is dominated by iron content.
- Patterns of care among patients receiving radiation therapy for bone metastases at a large academic institution.
- Modified Solenoid Coil That Efficiently Produces High Amplitude AC Magnetic Fields With Enhanced Uniformity for Biomedical Applications.
- In reply to Raince and Bloom and Olson.
- Magnetic nanoparticle hyperthermia enhances radiation therapy: A study in mouse models of human prostate cancer.
- A functional screen identifies miRNAs that inhibit DNA repair and sensitize prostate cancer cells to ionizing radiation.
- Stereotactic radiation therapy combined with immunotherapy: augmenting the role of radiation in local and systemic treatment.
- Systemic Administration and Targeted Radiosensitization via Chemically Synthetic Aptamer-siRNA Chimeras in Human Tumor Xenografts.
- GSTP1 Loss results in accumulation of oxidative DNA base damage and promotes prostate cancer cell survival following exposure to protracted oxidative stress.
- Bromopyridone Nucleotide Analogues, Anoxic Selective Radiosensitizing Agents That Are Incorporated in DNA by Polymerases.
- Androgen Deprivation Followed by Acute Androgen Stimulation Selectively Sensitizes AR-Positive Prostate Cancer Cells to Ionizing Radiation.
- Very High-Risk Localized Prostate Cancer: Outcomes Following Definitive Radiation.
- Identifying Predictive Factors for Incident Reports in Patients Receiving Radiation Therapy.
- Unscreened older men diagnosed with prostate cancer are at increased risk of aggressive disease.
- End-of-radiation PSA as a novel prognostic factor in patients undergoing definitive radiation and androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer.
- A phase II randomized trial of Observation versus stereotactic ablative RadiatIon for OLigometastatic prostate CancEr (ORIOLE).
- Effects of biodegradable hydrogel spacer injection on contralateral submandibular gland sparing in radiotherapy for head and neck cancers.
- Long-term results of radiation therapy for prostate cancer recurrence following
- Radiation-induced impairment of bone healing can be overcome by recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2.
- Comparison of radical prostatectomy and iodine 125 interstitial radiotherapy for the treatment of clinically localized prostate cancer: a 7-year biochemical (PSA) progression analysis.
- Impaired expression and function of signal-transducing zeta chains in peripheral T cells and natural killer cells in patients with prostate cancer.
- Sensitivity of human prostatic carcinoma cell lines to low dose rate radiation exposure.
- Assessing Induction of Double Strand Breaks With Androgen Receptor Partial Agonist in Patients on Androgen Suppression
- Randomized Salvage Radiation Therapy Plus Enzalutamide Post Prostatectomy
- MRI for Assessing Prostate Cancer Response
- Phase 3 Study of ProstAtak® Immunotherapy With Standard Radiation Therapy for Localized Prostate Cancer
- Hypofractionated Adaptive Image-Guided Radiation Therapy for Localized Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate
Dr. Theodore Leslie Deweese M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Theodore Leslie Deweese M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- Dr. Sylwester J Dziuba MD900 Caton Ave Baltimore MD 21229
- Dr. Matthew Koshy MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Robert Savary Malyapa M.D.2015 Jefferson St Jacksonville FL 32206
- Dr. Marlana Ottinger MD227 Saint Paul Pl Baltimore MD 21202
- Dr. Albert L Blumberg MD6701 N Charles St Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Cardella W Coleman MD25 Crossroads Dr Owings Mills MD 21117