Dr. Penny L Sappington MD is a top Doctor in Pittsburgh, PA.With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Penny L Sappington MD is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better.Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Penny L Sappington MD is a prime example of a true leader in health care.As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Penny L Sappington MD is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients.In Pittsburgh, PA, Dr. Penny L Sappington MD is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1994
- HMGB1 B box increases the permeability of Caco-2 enterocytic monolayers and impairs intestinal barrier function in mice.
- Ethyl pyruvate ameliorates intestinal epithelial barrier dysfunction in endotoxemic mice and immunostimulated caco-2 enterocytic monolayers.
- Proinflammatory cytokines increase the rate of glycolysis and adenosine-5'-triphosphate turnover in cultured rat enterocytes.
- NAD+ ameliorates inflammation-induced epithelial barrier dysfunction in cultured enterocytes and mouse ileal mucosa.
- Ethyl pyruvate provides durable protection against inflammation-induced intestinal epithelial barrier dysfunction.
- Heart Disease
Dr. Penny L Sappington MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Dr. Penny L Sappington MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sappington
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) for Fibromyalgia
What is Fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a chronic medical condition that is associated with pain spread widely through various parts of the body, such as the bones and muscles. The symptoms are very subjective, which means that they cannot be determined easily with physical examination, even with...
- Do I Have an Increased Risk of Developing Ovarian Cancer if I Have Endometriosis?
What is endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful disease that affects the tissues lining the inner side of the uterus, which is called endometrium. The tissue is formed outside of the uterus and causes pelvic pain. Endometriosis is a common benign disorder that affects about 10% to 15% women in...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Michael Angelo Pezzone MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. George W Poutous MD5200 Centre Ave Pittsburgh PA 15232
- Dr. Jon A Levy MD725 Cherrington Pkwy Coraopolis PA 15108
- Dr. Jeffrey B Mulholland MD725 Cherrington Pkwy Coraopolis PA 15108
- Dr. Omar Awais MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Neil M Resnick MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213