Dr. Katherine Abbott MD
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine10623 Crestwood Dr Manassas VA, 20109
Dr. Katherine Abbott is an adolescent specialist practicing in Manassas, VA. Dr. Abbott works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Abbott treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1987
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Eating Disorders
- Ear Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Stomach Flu
- Strep Throat
- Children'S Natl Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Children's National Medical Center Program
Dr. Katherine Abbott MD's Practice location
Dr. Katherine Abbott MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abbott
- How Mindfulness and Meditation Can Help Crohn's and Colitis
Maintaining a healthy and peaceful mind is an important part of overall health. When living with a chronic disease like inflammatory bowel, it can be easy to neglect psychological health. The physical pain, frequent hospital visits, and distressing gastrointestinal symptoms are all but relaxing for...
- Childhood Head Injuries May Heal Over Time
A new study by Australian researchers shows that childhood head injuries, which affect the development of children, can improve over time. The poorest recovery was seen with severe brain injury, while children with less severe injuries did not have many serious problems later. According to the...
- Black Cohosh: Uses, Benefits, and Side Effects
What is black cohosh?Black cohosh is an herbal flowering plant, which is mostly grown in various parts of Canada and the United States. It comes from the family of buttercup. The roots of this plant are dark colored, hence the name “black cohosh”. These roots are used for various medicinal...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Young Bodybuilder Shares Her Battle Against Ovarian Cancer
Fighting against cancer is amazingly difficult for anyone who has to, and many choose to keep the experience to themselves. However, a bodybuilder, who is only twenty-three years old, has taken to Instagram to show the world the painful process she is enduring, and what it is doing to her once...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Yasmin K. Anez M.D.8365a Greensboro Dr Mc Lean VA 22102
- Mr. Jackie Pujol MD450 Maple Ave East Vienna VA 22180
- Dr. Mandana Shafai M.D.46 S. Glebe Rd. Arlington VA 22204
- Dr. Alok Rustogi MD46090 Lake Center Plz Sterling VA 20165
- Mrs. Dobe (deborah) Mayergoyz M.D.8348 Traford Ln Springfield VA 22152
- Dr. Lisa L Park MD4400 University Dr Fairfax VA 22030