Dr. Miguel Ortiz-vega practices Pulmonology in SAN JUAN, PR. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Ortiz-vega manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Miguel Angel Ortiz-vega MD's Practice location
SAN JUAN, PR 00907Get Direction
Miguel Angel Ortiz-vega MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, the malignant inflammation of the lungs, and develops as a response to an infection or infection. Recently, our understanding of the pathophysiology of this condition has improved a lot and has led to better medical interventions. Since this is one of...
- Cystic Fibrosis Stories: Stronger Because of their Scars
Scars are a fact of life for those suffering from Cystic Fibrosis (CF). From ports to transplants and pacemakers, most people with CF have at least one scar. Not to mention, the dark circles under their eyes from exhaustion and fatigue. Living with CF is tough; it can be draining both mentally and...
- No, People with Cystic Fibrosis Are Not Contagious
It takes so much time and energy for someone with cystic fibrosis to just get through daily meds, treatments, and increased caloric intake.And, on deciding whether to do daily exercise or skip it (for one more day).You’re supposed to go out for a family gathering, but you’re so exhausted you may...
- Is Legionnaires' Disease a Serious Medical Condition?
Legionella bacteriaLegionnaires' disease is a type of pneumonia that is in its most severe form. The disease occurs due to a bacterial infection caused by a bacteria called legionella and mainly results in the inflammation of the lungs. The bacteria are known to thrive commonly in areas such as...
- COPD: Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Cessation of Smoking and Medication UseThe first goal for patients with COPD who smoke is to get the patient to quit smoking. When a patient with COPD stops smoking, breathing will not be as difficult as it has been while the patient was smoking. Moreover, even if the patient is diligently taking...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Dr. Frankie Alvarado M.D.141 Dean St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Hector J Stella estevez MD107 Gonzalez Guisti Ave Guaynabo PR 00966
- Crispulo M Rivera ofray MD.68 CALLE SANTA CRUZ BAYAMON PR 00961
- Noel Totti MD735 PONCE DE LEON AVE HATO REY PR 00917
- Dr. Arlene Hernandez M.D.1901 Perdido St New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Hector Y Vazquez saad MDAve Fd Roosevelt # 400 San Juan PR 00917