Dr. James Scarles is an internist practicing in Mystic, CT. Dr. Scarles specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Scarles provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Hearing Loss
- High Cholesterol
- Enlarged Prostate
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Albany Medical Center Program
Dr. James David Scarles M.D.'s Practice location
Mystic, CT 06355Get Direction
Dr. James David Scarles M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scarles
- Is Hand Sanitizer Safe to Use?
Hand sanitizer has alcohol, like ethyl alcohol, as the active ingredient to provide the antiseptic effect. In addition, it may also contain a variety of fragrances, glycerine, and water. Sanitizers containing alcohol are ideal for preventing most of the bacterial and viral infections. But these may...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- What Is Ferrous Sulfate?
Ferrous sulfate is an essential mineral and a type of iron used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA). When a person lacks iron, symptoms such as tiredness, shortness of breath, and decreased physical performance may be experienced. Low levels of iron in the body can be treated by...
- Dr. Mihaela Negulescu MD4 Hart Trail Old Saybrook CT 06475
- Dr. Shareen Rodriques MD326 Washington Street Norwich Connecticut 06360
- Dr. Craig R Buggeln M.D.419 Montauk Ave New London CT 06320
- Dr. Corina Gonzales MD1 Towne Park Plz Norwich CT 06360
- Dr. Jorge A Dabdoub M.D.12 Case St Norwich CT 06360
- Dr. Uzma Zaidi M. D.330 Washingon St Norwich CT 06360