Dr. Katherine Szema is a pediatrician practicing in Bronx, NY. Dr. Szema is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Szema diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Szema can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1995
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ny And Presby Hosp, Allergy And Immunology; Ny And Presby Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Katherine Szema M.D.'s Practice location
Bronx, NY 10451Get Direction
Dr. Katherine Szema M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Tdap Vaccine for Whooping Cough
The Tdap vaccine protects the body from three diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough....
- Impetigo: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Home Remedies
What is impetigo?Impetigo is also known as "school sores". It is a common bacterial skin infection that occurs in infants and young children, especially preschoolers. Although it is common among children, adults can get impetigo, too.The two types of bacteria that can cause impetigo...
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- What Is Breast Milk Jaundice?
Jaundice is a very common disorder in newborns. Actually, about 60% of infants experience jaundice within the initial days after birth. It develops when there is a high level of bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is a yellowish pigment released when the red blood cells are broken down.Normally,...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- Dr. Ramon E. Ferrand MD600 W 150th St New York New York 10034
- Dr. Zahida Khan MD284 Suydam Street Brooklyn New York 11237
- Judith Goldstein1559 York Avenue New York New York 10028
- Dr. Muhammad Bhatti MD319 Hooper Street Brooklyn New York 11211
- Mrs. Kusum Jethwa MD117 Westfield Ave Elizabeth NJ 07208
- Flavio Gonzalez, Jr.1015 Madison Ave New York New York 10075