Dr. Stephanus Viljoen practices Neurological Surgery in Iowa City, IA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Viljoen prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 2009
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Stephanus Van wyk Viljoen M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43210Get Direction
Dr. Stephanus Van wyk Viljoen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. Adam W Jackson M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Gregory W Albert M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Arnold H Menezes MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Timothy E Lindley M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Janel Ann Smietana M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nader S Dahdaleh M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242