Dr. Sharon Solomon is an ophthalmologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Solomon specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Solomon can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Solomon can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1996
University of California 1996
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Ophthalmology; Stanford Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Sharon Solomon M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Sharon Solomon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Dr. Rohit R. Lakhanpal M.D.21 Crossroads Drive Owings Mills Maryland 21117
- Dr. Darab Hormozi M.D.8415 Bellona Ln Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Stanley S. Schocket M.D.21 Crossroads Dr Owings Mills Maryland 21117
- Dr. Vanessa Lima MD10700 Charter Drive Columbia MD 21044
- Dr. Ronald Alan Seff MD19 Fontana Ln Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Emily P. Macquaid M.D.1209 York Rd Lutherville Timonium MD 21093