Dr. Paul Sharek is a pediatrician practicing in Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Sharek is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Sharek diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Sharek can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Beclomethasone for asthma in children: effects on linear growth.
- The effect of inhaled steroids on the linear growth of children with asthma: a meta-analysis.
- Implementing potentially better practices to reduce lung injury in neonates.
- Improved pain management in pediatric postoperative liver transplant patients using parental education and non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Evaluation and development of potentially better practices to improve pain management of neonates.
- The incidence of adverse events and medical error in pediatrics.
- Simulation-based medical error disclosure training for pediatric healthcare professionals.
- Effect of a rapid response team on hospital-wide mortality and code rates outside the ICU in a Children's Hospital.
- Best practice implementation: lessons learned from 20 partnerships.
- The use of telemedicine access to schools to facilitate expert assessment of children with asthma.
- Development, testing, and findings of a pediatric-focused trigger tool to identify medication-related harm in US children's hospitals.
- Improving communication in a pediatric intensive care unit using daily patient goal sheets.
- Implementation of a two-specimen requirement for verification of ABO/Rh for blood transfusion.
- NICU practices and outcomes associated with 9 years of quality improvement collaboratives.
- Decrease in hospital-wide mortality rate after implementation of a commercially sold computerized physician order entry system.
Dr. Paul Jason Sharek MD's Practice location
Palo Alto, CA 94304Get Direction
Dr. Paul Jason Sharek MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Tips for Moving to a New Home in Order to Improve Special Needs Services
It is no secret that parents want what is best for their children. Parents everywhere are constantly looking for the best school districts, the safest neighborhoods, and anything else that could lead to a better life for their sons and daughters. Parents of children with autism know this struggle...
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Holistic Treatments for Mumps
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that is easily transferred from one individual to another through contact with infected respiratory secretions. It’s caused by a virus referred to as paramyxovirus. Mostly, it attacks the parotid glands, which surround the angle of your jaw right below your...
- Oral Thrush in Babies: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Oral thrush is a common type of yeast infection in babies. The infection is also called as oral candidiasis, which causes irritation in and around the baby's mouth. Oral thrush is said to affect babies of any age, but is more commonly seen in babies who are younger than 6 months old....
- Dr. Anders Karl Dahlstrom MD PHD2577 SAMARITAN DR SAN JOSE CA 95124
- Dr. Jacob Eapen MD6066 Civic Terrace Ave Newark California 94560
- Dr. Usha Vallamdas MD2400 Balfour Rd Brentwood California 94513
- Neil W. Hoglund20126 Stanton Avenue Castro Valley California 94546
- Dr. Michael Taymor MD145 California Avenue Palo Alto California 94301
- Dr. David B. Lewis MD269 Campus Drive Stanford California 94305