Dr. Christine Calura is a psychologist practicing in Montrose, NY. Dr. Calura specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Calura evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Calura because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Christine Calura PSY.D.'s Practice location
Montrose, NY 10548Get Direction
Dr. Christine Calura PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Does Demisexual Mean?
'Demisexual' refers to people who are not sexually attracted to individuals with whom they do not share a strong emotional bond or romantic relationship. The word 'demisexual' consists of the Greek word ‘demi’ which means ‘half’ and 'sexual', an adjective that means 'pertaining to sex'....
- This College Graduate with Autism Is an Inspiration
For this young man, college was never a question. Many may think that's not that special, but in this case, it is. Paris King has autism, and many teens with autism might not have the same courage to go through with what he accomplished.Autism involves a social disability that may affect someone's...
- How is Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosed?
Binge eating disorder can often go undetected for long periods of time because it is a condition characterized by shame, denial and secrecy. Being open about it is always the first step to its diagnosis. This makes diagnosis of this particular eating disorder challenging in most cases. Binge eating...
- Teen with Autism Creates a Video Game About Living on the Spectrum
At only seventeen years old, Brad Hennessey has found a way to let others into what it is like to have autism - his new video game, "An Aspie Life."Brad's storyBrad has lived with Asperger's syndrome his whole life, and describes the condition as, "one of the categories on the autism spectrum and...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Rubin ED.D.320 Robinson Ave Newburgh New York 12550
- Dr. Elanna Lazaruk PSY.D.229 7th Street Garden City NY 11530
- Dr. Melissa Fiorito-grafman PH.D.294 Harrington Ave Closter NJ 07624
- Dr. Chaya Bracha Gopin PH.D.21 Bloomingdale Rd White Plains NY 10605
- Dr. Adam Scott Weissman PH.D.First Avenue and 27th Street New York NY 10016
- Dr. Suzan Uysal PH.D.701 N Broadway Tarrytown NY 10591