Dr. Dorothy Sit is a psychiatrist practicing in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Sit is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Sit diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Sit may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Sit treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Toronto, Fac of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada 1992
Univ Of Toronto Fac Of Med 1992
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Smoking cessation in pregnancy.
- Postpartum depression: a major public health problem.
- Prepregnancy body mass index, gestational weight gain, and the likelihood of major depressive disorder during pregnancy.
- Postpartum depression: a disorder in search of a definition.
- Factors associated with onset timing, symptoms, and severity of depression identified in the postpartum period.
- Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Psychiatry
Dr. Dorothy K. Sit M.D.'s Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Dorothy K. Sit M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sit
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- What Is Sertraline
Sertraline, also known as Zoloft in brand form, is an antidepressant that belongs to the group of drugs known as Select Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). Sertraline is the oral form of the drug and is usually prescribed by a doctor. Being a generic drug, sertraline is cheaper than its brand...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Burton Singerman1753 Hathaway Lane Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15241
- Dr. Jay Leathers MD2035 E. Ball Road Anaheim CA 92806
- Dr. Chester M. Berschling MD128 North Craig Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213
- Dr. Sireesha Kolli M.D.216 Maple Ave Red Bank NJ 07739
- Dr. Nicola S Gray MD3811 Ohara St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Marilena Achim M.D.340 South Broadway Street Akron Ohio 44308