Dr. Lawrence Pick is a psychologist practicing in Westbury, NY. Dr. Pick specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Pick evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Pick because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Psychometric aspects of verbal pragmatic ratings.
- Verbal pragmatics following unilateral stroke: emotional content and valence.
- Social functioning and facial emotional expression in neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- Sexual Assault Experienced by Deaf Female Undergraduates: Prevalence and Characteristics.
- Left and right hemispheric contributions to discourse coherence and cohesion.
Dr. Lawrence H Pick PH.D.'s Practice location
Westbury, NY 11590Get Direction
WASHINGTON, DC 20008Get Direction
Dr. Lawrence H Pick PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Psychotherapy vs. Counselling
What is psychotherapy?When a therapist assists his patient in understanding who they are, the process is called psychotherapy. The therapist will take you through a journey that will reorganize your personality. Your insights can then be integrated with your day to day behaviour. Psychotherapy will...
- Wishes Come True For These Two Inspiring People with Autism
Many people believe autism to be an obstacle that can hold people back from achieving their dreams. This is of course totally untrue, and the story of one PhD student shows exactly why this statement was false.The story of Kelvin SmithKelvin Smith is a graduate of Auburn University who is pursuing...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- How to Prepare for Psychotherapy
Understanding PsychotherapyPsychotherapy is a form of treatment that is collaborative in nature. It is based on the relationship between a patient and a psychotherapist or simply a psychologist. This type of therapy provides an environment that allows you to openly and honestly communicate your...
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST15038 Union Tpke Flushing NY 11367
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Dr. Deborah Perlick PH.D130 W Kingsbridge Rd Bronx NY 10468
- Mindy Barbara Atkin333 Glen Head Road Glen Head New York 11545
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport NY 11731
- Dr. Karen Renov PHD156 Beach 9th Street Far Rockaway NY 11691