Dr. Michael Baum is a psychiatrist practicing in Lake Forest, IL. Dr. Baum is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Baum diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Baum may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Baum treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1971
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1971
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Metro Child & Adol Srvs, Psychiatry; Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology; Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology; Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr, Radiology; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Radiology; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Michael Baum M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Forest, IL 60045Get Direction
Dr. Michael Baum M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- What Is Tourette’s?
Tourette’s syndrome is characterized by vocalization and movements that are involuntary and repetitive. It is a type of tic disorder. The pioneer Dr George Gilles De La Tourette first discovered the condition in 1885 in an eighty-six-year-old French noblewoman. Typically, in childhood, early...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Lucyna Maria Puszkarska5420 N Milwaukee Ave Chicago IL 60630
- Ms. Inna L. Golber MD4555 Oakton St. Skokie Illinois 60076
- Dr. Gilla P. Davis MD310 Happ Road Northfield Illinois 60093
- Dr. Smita Reddy Other807 Davis St Evanston IL 60201
- Dr. Blaise J. Wolfrum MD1375 East Schaumburg Road Schaumburg Illinois 60194
- Dr. Aneet Ahluwalia M.D.2650 Ridge Ave Evanston IL 60201