Dr. Luis Escobar is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Escobar cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine 1993
Universidad de San Carlos Facultad de Ciencias MÈdicas 1984
- Heterogeneity in Wiedemann-Beckwith syndrome: anthropometric evidence.
- Urorectal septum malformation sequence: prenatal progression, clinical report, and embryology review.
- Neonatal presentation of lethal neuromuscular glycogen storage disease type IV.
- ZC4H2 mutations are associated with arthrogryposis multiplex congenita and intellectual disability through impairment of central and peripheral synaptic plasticity.
- Cleft lip/palate associated with 17p13.3 duplication involving a single candidate gene (YWHAE).
- Diagnostic utility of microarray testing in pregnancy loss.
- A second family with CATSHL syndrome: Confirmatory report of another unique FGFR3 syndrome.
- Twenty-four ways to have children.
- Urorectal septum malformation sequence. Report of six cases and embryological analysis.
- Urorectal septum malformation sequence: report of thirteen additional cases and review of the literature.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Learning Disabilities
- Marfan Syndrome
- Birth Defects
- Down Syndrome
- Cleft Palate
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Indiana University Affiliated Hospitals
- Indiana University School of Medicine Program
Dr. Luis Fernando Escobar MD's Practice location
Indianapolis, IN 46260Get Direction
Dr. Luis Fernando Escobar MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Dr. Abhay Singhal MD702 Barnhill Dr Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Mary Jo Stine M.D.901 Shelby St Indianapolis IN 46203
- Dr. Suzanne M Grannan MD8111 Township Line Rd Indianapolis IN 46260
- Dr. Veronica M Guilfoy MD1701 N Senate Ave Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Michael S Trautman MD705 Riley Hospital Dr Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Izlin Z Lien MD705 Riley Hospital Dr Indianapolis IN 46202