Dr. Michael L Cohan MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology172 Schiller St Elmhurst IL, 60126
Dr. Michael Cohan is a nephrologist practicing in Elmhurst, IL. Dr. Cohan specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Cohan most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Diabetes, Dialysis, High Blood Pressure (hypertension) And More
- Rush University Medical Center
Dr. Michael L Cohan MD's Practice location
Elmhurst, IL 60126Get Direction
ELMHURST, IL 60126Get Direction
Dr. Michael L Cohan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cohan
- Vertigo: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Vertigo is a fairly common condition that causes an individual to feel as if their head is spinning and he or she becomes dizzy. It is usually temporary, only for a few seconds to minutes, occurring only when you make sudden head movements, but sometimes it can be so severe that it begins to...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Dr. Joseph Patrick Bast M.D.2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Asad A. Bakir MD7605 1/2 West North Avenue River Forest IL 60305
- Dr. Padam Hirachan MD150 Jeff Davis Blvd Natchez Mississippi 39120
- Aneesha A. Shetty M.D., M.P.H.676 N St Clair St Chicago Illinois 60611
- Dr. Woojin james Chon M.D.5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 5100 Chicago, IL 60637 Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Roger Rodby MD1426 W Washington Blvd Chicago IL 60607