Dr. Wendy Buchanan is a psychologist practicing in White Plains, NY. Dr. Buchanan specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Buchanan evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Buchanan because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Ms. Wendy Buchanan M.S.'s Practice location
White Plains, NY 10605Get Direction
Ms. Wendy Buchanan M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Narcissism? Signs and Symptoms of Narcissism
What is narcissism?Narcissism in today’s world has become a more complex term. In 2009, there was a study done where it estimated that 6 percent of people in the US are suffering from a full-blown narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).Narcissism is a personality disorder, wherein people tend to...
- Gene Linked to Autism Can Cause More Anxiety and Seizures, Study Finds
A recent study has found that a gene linked to autism causes mice to have more seizures and anxiety. Dr. Jill Silverman is an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Davis. She led a team of researchers to study this particular gene in mice. The recently published their...
- Lifestyle Changes to Deal with Insomnia
Sleep is a way for the body to recuperate itself and revive from the entire day’s tired schedule. Sleeping is one of the most crucial functions of the body, and getting a good night’s sleep helps one to carry on their everyday functions normally. Even one day of disturbed sleep can leave you...
- Psychotherapy for Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder is a type of brain disorder that results in a sudden shift of a person's mood, energy, activity, and sometimes, how a person carries out his or her daily activities. It has always been known that pharmacotherapy is the effective treatment for people with bipolar disorder. However,...
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST15038 Union Tpke Flushing NY 11367
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Dr. Irina Volynsky PHD440 West Street Fort Lee New Jersey 07024
- Dr. Deborah Perlick PH.D130 W Kingsbridge Rd Bronx NY 10468
- Mindy Barbara Atkin333 Glen Head Road Glen Head New York 11545
- Dr. Harry Wells Fogarty PH.D.305 W 107th St New York New York 10025