Dr. John Gibson is a psychologist practicing in Holland, MI. Dr. Gibson specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Gibson evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Gibson because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. John L. Gibson PH.D.'s Practice location
Holland, MI 49424Get Direction
Dr. John L. Gibson PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Insomnia? Get the Facts
Insomnia is also known as sleeplessness. It is a sleep disorder where people have trouble sleeping. Insomnia is caused by several factors. People with insomnia have abnormal sleeping patterns as well as daytime sleepiness, irritability, and a depressed mood. They may also have an increased...
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- The Challenges of Living with Autism in College
As autism becomes more prevalent, more research has been devoted to understanding the origins of the it as well as developing effective treatment plans to support the individual. Research shows that the earlier treatment begins, the better individuals will be at implementing coping strategies and...
- How Autism Stigma Almost Killed a Young Boy
A young boy was in dire need of a transplant, but hospitals refused him due to his autism. After fighting the odds and getting the procedure, surviving, and thriving, he has started a conversation about preventing medical bias.Battle for a transplantLief was only nine years old when he became ill...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- Mrs. Christina B Adamski MA, LLP12048 James St Holland MI 49424
- Dr. Toni Sue Start LP234 1/2 Washington Ave Grand Haven MI 49417
- Dr. David Regester PHD4320 44th St Sw Grandville MI 49418
- Dr. Daniel Girard Rooks DANIEL ROOKS3124 N Wellness Dr Holland MI 49424
- Dr. Richard Louis Allers PH.D.4320 44th St Sw Grandville MI 49418
- Julie Golin MA, LLP321 Fulton St Grand Haven MI 49417