Dr. Katherine Austman is a family practitioner practicing in Forrest, IL. Dr. Austman specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Austman possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 2001
University of Illinois College of Medicine 2001
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Ear Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Il Coll Med Peoria, Family Medicine
- University Il College Med Peoria
Dr. Katherine M Austman MD's Practice location
Forrest, IL 61741Get Direction
Dr. Katherine M Austman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Austman
- How is Lactose Intolerance Diagnosed?
Lactose intolerance has gained a lot of prominence in recent years. The common symptoms of lactose intolerance like bloating, flatulence, discomfort, and diarrhea can often mimic the symptoms of many other medical conditions. There is often a tendency to self-diagnose when observing these symptoms....
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Holistic Treatments for Sinusitis
A sinus infection can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi. Some of the symptoms of a sinus infection are congestion in the nasal passages, headaches, fever, and cough. It is always advisable to consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. However, there are some natural...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- Heather Schweizer Other106 S 1st St Fairbury IL 61739
- Dr. David John Hagan MD222 N Sangamon Ave Gibson City IL 60936
- Dr. Nathan P Holt M.D.2500 W Reynolds St Pontiac IL 61764
- Angelito Fernandez Other1506 W Reynolds St Pontiac IL 61764
- Dawn Lemmert Other2500 W Reynolds St Pontiac IL 61764
- Dr. Cesar M Secoquian MD5 Timber Ridge Dr Fairbury IL 61739