Dr. Roy Gonzalez practices Orthodontics in San Antonio, TX. Comprehensive orthodontic treatment includes metal wires that are inserted into orthodontic brackets, which can be made from stainless steel or a more aesthetic ceramic material. The wires interact with the brackets to move teeth into desired positions. Being advanced in the field, Dr. Gonzalez may also use Invisalign or other aligner trays that have been designed to align a patients? smile. As an orthodontist, Dr. Gonzalez must recognize various characteristics of a malocclusion or dentofacial deformity, define the nature of the problem, including the etiology if possible, and design a treatment strategy based on the specific needs and desires of the patient.
Roy Gonzalez D.D.S.,M.S.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78213Get Direction
Roy Gonzalez D.D.S.,M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Want Pearly Whites? Try These Foods
Brushing and flossing the teeth regularly helps to maintain a healthy oral cavity. Food also plays a role in keeping the teeth white and bright. Acids present in the food may erode the tooth enamel causing it to erode leading to tooth decay. Certain foods like sugar free gum, sugar free drinks,...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dr. Hidayatulla R Nagori B.D.S, MPA, C.A.G.S15303 huebner rd , #17 San Antonio TX 78248
- Dr. Donald Eugene Mills D.D.S.1919 Oakwell Farms Pkwy San Antonio TX 78218
- Dr. David R Mireles D.D.S,M.S,INC4025 E Southcross Blvd San Antonio TX 78222
- Dr. Carolyn Mckenzie Flanary DDS16789 San Pedro Avenue San Antonio TX 78232
- Dr. Chester Lynn Hurst DDS, MS315 N San Saba San Antonio TX 78207
- Dr. Jack R. Vizuete DDS7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229