Dr. Shelly Lawson is a speech language pathologist practicing in SUMMERVILLE, SC. Dr. Lawson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Lawson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Lawson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Shelly Graham Lawson SLP's Practice location
SUMMERVILLE, SC 29485Get Direction
Mrs. Shelly Graham Lawson SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Melissa Suzanne Montiel CCC-SLP169 ASHLEY AVE CHARLESTON SC 29425
- Mrs. Edith Grace Riggle CCC-SLP85 CITADEL MSC CHARLESTON SC 29409
- Sarah E Heinke120C SPRINGHALL DR GOOSE CREEK SC 29445
- Samantha A Mcdonald SLP930 FOLLY RD CHARLESTON SC 29412
- Mrs. Gina Brown Greene MSP, CCC-SLP46 LAMPTON RD CHARLESTON SC 29407
- Mrs. Ginny Leigh Salvino M.S., CCC-SLP3180 THOMASINA MCPHERSON BLVD CHARLESTON SC 29405