Dr. Karen M Causey M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease4710 S. Carrollton Ave. Jencare Neighborhood New Orleans LA, 70119
Dr. Karen Causey is an infectious disease specialist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Causey specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1997
Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- La State Univ Sch Of Med, Infectious Diseases; La State Univ Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Karen M Causey M.D.'s Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70119Get Direction
Dr. Karen M Causey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Causey
- Eight Facts About Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. It is common in North America and Europe. Many people do not know much about this disease and its harmful effects if left untreated. Here are some facts that you need to know about Lyme disease.The majority of the patients with...
- Alternative Treatments for Chickenpox
Chicken pox is a very easily spread disease, and the cause of the disease is the varicella-zoster virus that starts as sore and itchy skin. Besides children, pregnant mothers are at a high risk of acquiring the disease. Usually, the best method in avoiding the contracting of the virus is getting a...
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Chickenpox?
What should I do if my child has the chickenpox?...
- Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease?Lyme disease also called Lyme borreliosis is an inflammatory disorder in which the first symptoms that appear include rash, fever, headache, chills and then later arthritis, cardiac and neurological disorders. It is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. ...
- Pierre Dejace409 Beverly Garden Drive Metaire Louisiana 70001
- Laura S. Beauchamps2601 Tulane Avenue New Orleans Louisiana 70119
- Dr. Joseph R Dalovisio MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Tlaloc S Alferez MD3600 Prytania Street New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Julia B Garcia-diaz MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Obinna Nnedu MD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112