Dr. Venkatesh Ariyamuthu is a nephrologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Ariyamuthu specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Ariyamuthu most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- University of Missouri Health System
- Chennai Medical College, Internal Medicine
Dr. Venkatesh Kumar Ariyamuthu MD's Practice location
DALLAS, TX 75390Get Direction
Dr. Venkatesh Kumar Ariyamuthu MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Dr. Ramesh Khanna MDOne Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Myra June Watson D.O.1601 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Blake Jay Brooks M.D.1601 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. William Kellar Winkelmeyer M.D.1601 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Sunder M Lal M.D.201 W Broadway Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Mark L. Vaporean M.D.1601 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201