Dr. James Gillis Purgason M.D.
Family Practitioner2601 Scripture St Suite 102 Denton TX, 76201
Dr. James Purgason is a family practitioner practicing in Denton, TX. Dr. Purgason specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Purgason possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 1993
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- John P Smith Hosp, Family Medicine; Naval Hosp Pensacola, Family Medicine 2000
Dr. James Gillis Purgason M.D.'s Practice location
Denton, TX 76201Get Direction
Dr. James Gillis Purgason M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Purgason
- Ray p.
Best Dr in Denton.
The Way A Doctor Should Be.
We love Dr. Purgason.
- Is Dengue Fever Just Another Flu?
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne illness in humans that usually occurs in most tropical areas of the world. Dengue fever is also known as the “breakbone fever” or “dandy fever” because of the severe joint and muscle pain experienced by the people who were infected with the virus. The same...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- How Exactly Does Terbinafine Work to Treat Jock Itch?
What is terbinafine?Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by stopping fungi from growing. Topical terbinafine is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Oral terbinafine tablets are often prescribed when it comes to treating fungal...
- Home Remedies for Swollen Tonsils
Why are my tonsils swollen?The human body is a marvelous creation--a true work of art. It has the infrastructure to keep itself safe from harmful bacteria and viruses, and it has the ability to heal itself. One of these infrastructures is the tonsils. These are lymph nodes located at the back of the...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- Dr. Darien R. Kavasmaneck M.D.6035 Cypress Gardens Blvd Winter Haven FL 33884
- Dr. Tim Shepherd M.D.500 N Valley Pkwy Lewisville TX 75067
- Dr. Jennifer M. Zomnir M.D.2840 Legacy Dr Frisco TX 75034
- Dr. Filippo Masciarelli M.D.3303 Colorado Blvd Denton TX 76210
- Dr. Monica Olivier DO4001 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound TX 75028
- Dr. Fariborz A Davoodi MD3051 Churchill Dr Flower Mound TX 75022