Dr. Poornima Ramanan is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Ramanan specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Dr. Poornima Ramanan MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
ROBBINSDALE, MN 55422Get Direction
Dr. Poornima Ramanan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- What is Antiviral Medication?
Antiviral medication refers to drugs that are used for treatment of HIV. These drugs do not completely treat the infection but are used to suppress the development of the virus and stop it from becoming AIDS. Since HIV virus replicates itself once it gets into the bloodstream, the medication stops...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- How to Overcome Lyme Disease with Diet, Supplements, and Natural Treatment Methods
Can you beat Lyme disease naturally? Do diet and supplements have roles to play in Lyme disease? Yes, you can beat Lyme disease naturally with diet and supplements.Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is caused by the bite of a deer tick. Living with Lyme disease can be overwhelming,...
- 5 Misconceptions About Lyme Disease
People cannot resist themselves from having fun and playing outdoors in the warm spring weather. However, the increased time of being out also increases the risk of encountering with nature’s peskier pests. One such problem is the tick, which is associated with Lyme disease. Tick bites can cause...
- Dr. Mark P Wilhelm M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elie F Berbari M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Ala S Dababneh M.D200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Sohail MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Zelalem Temesgen M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Alan J Wright M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905