Dr. Michelle Cloutier practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hartford, CT. Dr. Cloutier treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1974
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Pediatric Pulmonology; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, Pediatrics
Dr. Michelle M. Cloutier MD's Practice location
Hartford, CT 06106Get Direction
Dr. Michelle M. Cloutier MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Croup?
Croup is a common viral illness that affects children, and is characterized by symptoms that include a runny nose and an extreme cough. This viral infection affects the voice box and the wind pipe and may lead to obstruction in breathing. The vocal cords are swollen and as air is forced through this...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Umit Emre MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Melanie Sue Collins M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Michelle Badorf Litsky D.O.2150 Corbin Ave New Britain CT 06053
- Dr. Craig Lapin MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Craig Schramm MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Anne Victoria Mclaughlin M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106