Dr. Jason Gillihan serves as the Associate Director of Clinical Anesthesiology for Washington University in St. Louis and the Division Chief of Anesthesiology at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital. Dr. Gillihan ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Gillihan also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Southern Illinois University MD 2006
University of Southern Indiana B.S. (Biology) 2002
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of Anesthesia Barnes Jewish West County Hospital 2019 - Present
- Associate Director, Clinical Anesthesia Washington University in St. Louis 2017 - Present
- Army Achievement Medal 2010 U.S. Army, 1st Infantry Division
- Teacher of the Year Award 2014 Washington University in St. Louis, Dept. of Anesthesiology
- Trauma Anesthesiology Society
- Missouri Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2009) Find alumni in ST. LOUIS
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2010) Find alumni in ST. LOUIS
Dr. Jason Ray Gillihan MD's Practice location
St. Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Chesterfield, MO 63017Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jason Ray Gillihan MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jason Ray Gillihan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Those Living with Lupus Are at Higher Risk of Atherosclerosis
Those living with lupus are at higher risk of getting blocked arteries due to the early development of atherosclerosis. New research indicates that vascular changes in lupus start quite early, much before any symptoms of vascular diseases appear. Understanding the risk of atherosclerosis, and taking...
- Diabetic Socks? Yes, They Exist
Diabetes is a disorder of the endocrine or hormone system and occurs when blood sugar levels in your body are above normal. Over 25 million people in the U.S alone have some form of diabetes. ...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Christopher P Creighton M.D.2345 Dougherty Ferry Rd Saint Louis MO 63122
- Dr. Leander K. Lee MD3009 North Ballas Road St. Louis Missouri 63131
- Dr. Marie Angele Theard MD43 Kingsbury Place St. Louis Missouri 63112
- Dr. Brenda C. McClain MD3635 Vista Avenue St. Louis Missouri 63110
- Juri McDowell11133 Dunn Road St. Louis Missouri 63136
- Dr. Toni R. Patterson D.O.17050 BAXTER RD CHESTERFIELD MO 63005