Dr. David Retterbush is a general surgeon practicing in Valdosta, GA. Dr. Retterbush specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Retterbush provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1977
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1977
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- University of Louisville School of Medicine Program
Dr. David W Retterbush M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. David W Retterbush M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Retterbush
- Appendectomy Aftercare
What is an Appendectomy?The appendix is a pouch-like organ situated in the lower right abdomen in the first part of the large intestine. The importance or function that is carried out by this structure is not very clear, hence it is referred to as a "vestigial structure". When the appendix causes...
- How to Prepare for an Ablation
An ablation is a surgery that removes body tissue. Once your ablation has been discussed, it is wise to consider some shared risk factors which you may control. The following shared risk factors are important to consider before your ablation....
- Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and Symptoms
Appendicitis During Pregnancy: Signs and SymptomsAppendicitis is a condition which occurs in about 1 in 1000 pregnancies. While it is most common during first 2 trimesters, it can occur in the last trimester too. It’s often hard for the pregnant woman to identify the signs and symptoms of...
- How to Prepare for an Appendectomy
What Really Is Appendicitis?To understand the term appendicitis, you need first to understand what the appendix is. The appendix is a small structure that is finger-shaped and located in the abdomen in connection with the large intestines. More specifically, this structure is found on lower right...
- How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination that lets your health practitioner view the lining of your colon (large intestine). A thin and flexible tube known as a colonoscopy is used to thoroughly view the colon. A Colonoscopy is also applied when screening for precancerous or cancer growths inside the colon....
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- Dr. Michael Lalla M.D.2418 N Oak St Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. David Keith Parker M.D.2704 N Oak St Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. Gregory D Martin MD106 East Northside Drive Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. George P Pennington M.D.,PH.D.2704 N Oak St Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. Barry Howard Braun M.D.428 Connell Rd Valdosta GA 31602
- Dr. James Richard Davis MD40 Brockmore Dr Greenville SC 29605