Dr. Karen Callahan practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Callahan evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Callahan seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1990
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Black Heterogeneity in Cancer Mortality: US-Blacks, Haitians, and Jamaicans.
- Examining the gastric cancer survival gap between Asians and whites in the United States.
- High cancer mortality for US-born Latinos: evidence from California and Texas.
- Twenty-first century cancer patterns in small island nations: Grenada and the English-speaking Caribbean.
- Migration from Mexico to the United States: A high-speed cancer transition.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- University Of Alabama Hospital
- Children's Hospital Program
Dr. Karen E Callahan MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35209Get Direction
Birmingham, AL 35209Get Direction
Dr. Karen E Callahan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Dr. Steven Mitchell Sugg M.D.2868 ACTON RD VESTAVIA AL 35243
- Dr. Leesha Michelle Ellis-cox MD, MPH1701 AVENUE D BIRMINGHAM AL 35218
- Dr. Stewart D. Waddell M.D.6 Office Park Cir Birmingham AL 35223
- Dr. Tom Brooks Vaughan MD2204 LAKESHORE DR BIRMINGHAM AL 35209
- Dr. Vinita Yalamanchili MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. James T Cullinan DO619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233