Dr. Emel A Sumer M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry970 Executive Parkway Dr Saint Louis MO, 63141
Dr. Emel Sumer practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Sumer evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Sumer seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Uludag Univ, Tip Fak, Bursa, Turkey (Istanbul U & Bursa U) 1957
Uludag University / Medical Faculty 1957
Istanbul Universitesi 1957
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- W G Eliot Child Psy-Wa Univ, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Psychiatry
- University of Washington Program
Dr. Emel A Sumer M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Dr. Emel A Sumer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sumer
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Dr. Jeffrey I Schulman M.D.755 S NEW BALLAS RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63141
- Dr. James R Rohrbaugh MD13001 N OUTER 40 RD STE 1A CHESTERFIELD MO 63017
- Dr. Kelechi Loynd MD1 Brookings Dr Saint Louis MO 63130
- Dr. Clifton Smith Other5931 S HIGHWAY 94 WELDON SPRING MO 63304
- Dr. Ujjwal P Ramtekkar MD660 S Euclid Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Duru L Sakhrani M.D.615 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141