Dr. Steven Mark Sorscher MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology4921 Parkview Pl 7th Floor Saint Louis MO, 63110
Dr. Steven Sorscher is an oncologist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Sorscher specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Sorscher manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Probable serotonin syndrome variant in a patient receiving a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
- Electrolyte abnormalities with zoledronic acid therapy.
- Withdrawal of immunosuppressive therapy after developing melanoma.
- Tumor lysis syndrome following docetaxel therapy for extensive metastatic prostate cancer.
- Estimating recurrence probability for synchronous breast cancers.
- Penile involvement with hand-foot syndrome.
- EGFR mutations and sensitivity to gefitinib.
- HER-2 overexpression in breast tumors lacking gene amplification.
- Predicting recurrence risk for synchronous primary colon cancers.
- Biological therapy update in colorectal cancer.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma developing years after extended field radiation for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Metastasis in von hippel-lindau disease.
- Metastatic acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas responding to gemcitabine, 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin therapy: a case report.
- Antiemesis. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Ras inhibition and the survival benefit favoring zoledronic acid compared with denosumab in patients with multiple myeloma.
- Transitional Residency Outstanding Teacher Award, Gundersen Clinic, La
- Hematology/Oncology, University of California, San Diego, California 1991
- University of California-San Diego
Dr. Steven Mark Sorscher MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
WINSTON SALEM, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Steven Mark Sorscher MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sorscher
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Nodular Melanoma Symptoms
What is nodular melanoma?Nodular melanoma is one of the five subgroups of melanoma. It usually develops in the cells of the skin that produce the pigment called melanin, which gives the skin its color. Approximately 15 percent of melanoma cases are nodular melanoma and is the most aggressive...
- The Different Stages of Liver Cancer
Staging liver cancer is a procedure which aims to describe where your cancer is located, where it has spread to, and if it has affected other body parts or organs. Staging liver cancer is very important since it helps in determining the prognosis of your cancer and the most suitable treatment option...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Use Breast Shields to Reduce Radiation Damage During CT Scans
Using breast shields will reduce radiation damage to the breast tissue in men and women who undergo CT scans of the chest, according to a new study. This small metallic piece does not affect the diagnosis, according to researchers. “This may reduce the radiation to the breast tissues by about...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- Dr. Carl Freter MD3655 Vista Ave St Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Elaine Majerus MD1 Barnes Jewish Hospital Plz Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Julie A. Margenthaler MD216 S Kingshighway Blvd Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary M.D.11652 Studt Ave Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Russell K Pachynski MD4921 PARKVIEW PL SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Mateusz Opyrchal MD PHD4921 PARKVIEW PL SAINT LOUIS MO 63110