Dr. Osman, was born in the border town of Moyale, Marsabit County, Kenya. He went to Moyale Primary School, Marsabit Boys, Kangaru High School and University of Nairobi. Dr. Osman obtained his Medical Degree with Honors from University of Nairobi, Kenya. He went on to complete his Post-Doctoral Fellowship training in the United Kingdom at The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland, where he graduated as Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in General Surgery. He then sub-specialized in Orthopedic Surgery and was honored as a Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in orthopedic surgery. Dr. Osman moved to the United States in 1992 as Spine Fellow at the University Hospitals of Cleveland. After his fellowship, Dr. Osman went through orthopedic residency program at Case Western Reserve University, to qualify for orthopedic Board Certification in the USA. He is Board Certified and is Fellow of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Osman has practiced orthopedic surgery, focusing mainly on the least invasive spine surgery for the last seventeen years.Dr. Osman has dedicated his time to pioneering endoscopic and endoscopically-assisted spine surgery! He has been involved in the development and patenting of numerous surgical instruments including Uni-directional Dynamic Spinal Fixation Device, method for post-operatively compressing a bone graft, and Biologic Intramedullary Fixation device. He continues to enhance the least invasive spine surgery. More recently, Dr. Osman has developed innovative operating room drapery. He is an active lecturer and diplomat for redefining innovative treatments of debilitating spinal disorders. He has served as a spine consultant to leading spine companies related to minially invasive spine surgery technology.Dr. Osman practices general orthopedic surgery, but his main focus is endoscopic, and endoscopically-assisted spine surgery. He is passionate about minimizing trauma to normal tissues while removing the pain generator(s) of a spine. He is recognized nationally and internationally for his contribution to the field of minimally invasive spine surgery and continues to publish and lecture worldwide about his success in using the least invasive spinal techniques. Dr. Osman also performs complex open and minimally invasive spine procedures and general orthopedic procedures.Throughout his illustrious career, Dr. Said Osman has brought innovation and unprecedented advancement to the field of orthopedic spine surgery. As a world-renowned spine surgeon, his quest to develop the latest techniques in least invasive spine procedures is only exceeded by his need to provide the very best care for his patients. Dr. Osman finds true fulfillment in the relief of pain, and increased quality of life that his patients experience! He has also been lauded with numerous honors, like the prestigious The Kambin Foundation Annual Award for research in the field of Minimally invasive spinal surgery and the Best Resident Research Paper Award by Ohio Orthopedic Society. With a thorough understanding of the toll that back pain and neck pain can take on a persons life, Dr. Osman feels that traditional open back and open neck procedures should not be the only option available to patients.
Education and Training
College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi, Nairobi Kenya M.D. 1977
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Dr. Said Osman MD's Expert Contributions
Despite technological advances in the diagnosis and treatment options for spinal conditions, the state of spine care in North America is far from being satisfactory! After 30 years as a provider for spine sufferers (both in the UK and USA), most of that time spent exploring new options and...
Scoliosis is a common type of deformity. If your trunk is tilting to one side or the other, it is most likely that you have scoliosis. X-Rays of your back will confirm the diagnosis. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attending Orthopedic Surgeon Sky Spine Endoscopy Institute 2016 - 2018
- Best Residents Paper 1996 Ohio Orthopedic Society
- The Kambin Annual Award 1994 Kambin Foundation
- 1 Class Honors in Biology, 1971 College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi, Nairobi Kenya
- 1st Class Honors in Biochemistry, 1972 College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi, Nairobi Kenya
- The Kambin Foundation Annual Award, 1994 The Kambin Foundation
- Best Residents Paper, 1996 Ohio Orthopedic Society
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Endoscopic Anterior Discectomy
- Endoscopic Foraminoplasty
- Endoscopic Interlaminar Discectomy
- Endoscopic Lamino-foraminoplasty
- Endoscopic Medial Branch Radiofrequency Ablation
- Endoscopic Transforaminal and Interbody Fusion
- Endoscopic Transiliac Transforaminal Endoscopic Discectomy
- Endoscopically Assisted Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Cervical Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Decompression and Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Kyphoplasty
- Minimally Invasive Posterior Decompression and Fusion
- Selective Nerve Root Block
- Sacro-Iliac (SI) Joint Fusion
- Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
- Joint Arthroscopy
- Facet Block
- Endoscopic Laser Disc and Decompression Surgery
- Endoscopic Transforaminal Laser Annuloplasty
- Endoscopic Transforaminal Radiofrequency Annuloplasty
- Endoscopic Transforaminal Discectomy
- Endoscopic Treatment of Disc Infection
- Minimally Invasive Deformity Correction
- Minimally Invasive Disc Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Facet Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Laminectomy and Posterior Fusion
- Rotator Cuff And Labral Repair
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Orthopaedic Procedures
- North American Spine Society
- Charles Herndon Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Professional Member University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Professional Member North American Spine Society
- Professional Member Charles Herndon Society - CWRU
- Professional Member American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professional Member International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS)
- Professional Member Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Case Western Reserve University Orthopedic
- United Kingdom at The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh General Surgery
- Orthopedic, Case Western Reserve University
- General Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Frederick Memorial Hospital ( Frederick, MD )
Dr. Said Osman MD's Practice location
Frederick, Maryland 21701Get Direction
FREDERICK, MD 21701Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Said Osman MD | Orthopedist | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Said Osman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Osman
Excellent! Took the time to explain my treatment plan.
Said Osman received his medical degree with honors in 1977 at the University of Nairobi, Kenya. He then went on to complete his post-graduate fellowship at Case Western Reserve University and at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom. Dr. Osman is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, of which he is also a Fellow. He also maintains a professional membership with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Due to his outstanding achievements, Dr. Osman has earned many awards for his commitment to excellence in his field, including The Kambin Foundation Annual Award and Best Resident Research Paper Award by Ohio Orthopedic Society. He is a highly-qualified orthopaedic surgeon who has been practicing for 17 years and is currently serving patients at Sky Spine Endoscopy Institute in Frederick, Maryland. He is also affiliated with University Hospitals of Cleveland. Orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. They treat broken bones and replace painful joints. As an internationally-recognized orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Osman has extensive expertise in advanced spinal endoscopy and invasive spine surgery. He finds true purpose and fulfillment in witnessing his patients’ increased quality of life, knowing that neck and back issues can interfere with a person’s life, no matter the level of pain.
- How Can I Manage Tendinitis?
How Can I Manage Tendinitis?Tendinitis, the inflammation of the tendon, can cause acute pain and tenderness just outside the affected joints. It commonly affects shoulders, elbows, wrists, and heels. The affected region may have stiffness that restricts movement. It is also characterized by mild...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Spine Doctors vs. Chiropractors
Patients may often ask themselves which doctor they should see for their back pain. Studies have shown that chiropractors provide effective treatment for back pain. However, chiropractors cannot treat all causes of back pain because there are also conditions that should be diagnosed and treated by a...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- How to Prepare For Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome refers to a condition affecting the median nerve in your wrist. When you get this syndrome, you experience tingling, numbness, and pain radiating to your arms and hands, and it becomes difficult to use your arm especially around the wrist. The condition happens when carpal...
- Will I Need Surgery If I Have Tennis Elbow?
Will I need surgery if I have Tennis Elbow?Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that causes pain in the elbow, and it mainly results from overusing the elbow. The condition mainly affects tennis players but it can also affect other athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It...
- Dr. Rishi R. Gupta MD86 Thomas Johnson Ct Frederick, MD 21702
- Dr. James M. Weiss M.D.13245 Executive Park Terrace Germantown Maryland 20874
- Dr. Michael D Dabbah MD7505 Osler Dr Towson MD 21204
- Dr. Robert T. Fisher M.D.52 Thomas Johnson Dr Frederick MD 21702
- Dr. Ojedapo Ojeyemi M.D6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Alan Nagel M.D.187 Thomas Johnson Dr Frederick MD 21702