Dr. Joseph James Zocco M.D.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon7101 Jahnke Rd Suite 500 Richmond VA, 23225
Dr. Joseph Zocco is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Richmond, VA. Dr. Zocco specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Zocco typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1973
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Thoracic Surgery; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Joseph James Zocco M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond, VA 23225Get Direction
HARRISONBURG, VA 22801Get Direction
Dr. Joseph James Zocco M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zocco
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Mr. Gundars Janis Katlaps MD1200 E Broad St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Mohammed A Quader MD1250 E Marshall Street Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Mark R Bladergroen M.D.5875 Bremo Rd Richmond VA 23226
- Dr. Daniel Giunway Tang M.D.1200 E Broad St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Derek R Brinster M.D.1250 E Marshall Street Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Chiwon Hahn M.D.7101 Jahnke Rd Richmond VA 23225