Dr. Praveen Prasad practices Neurological Surgery in Sacramento, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Prasad prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University California
Dr. Praveen Prasad M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95816Get Direction
SACRAMENTO, CA 95819Get Direction
Dr. Praveen Prasad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prasad
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Dr. James E. Boggan M.D.4860 Y St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Syed Shabaz Azeem MD25 N Winfield Rd Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. James W. Silverthorn M.D.4860 Y St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Ben Waldau M.D.4860 Y St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Edie E Zusman MD2800 L St Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Derek Allan Taggard M.D.2801 K St Sacramento CA 95816