Dr. Laurence Scott Bailen M.D.
Hepatologist | Hepatology2000 Washington St Green Building, Suit Newton Lower Falls MA, 02462
Dr. Laurence Bailen is a hepatologist practicing in Newton Lower Falls, MA. Dr. Bailen specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1993
Tufts University School of Medicine 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Gastroenterology; Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Dr. Laurence Scott Bailen M.D.'s Practice location
Newton Lower Falls, MA 02462Get Direction
Dr. Laurence Scott Bailen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bailen
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B, also known as HBV, is a disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus. This virus interferes with liver functions and can cause pathological harm. Normally, the infected person can get rid of this virus, but very few cannot, and thus becomes chronically infected. This virus can be fatal,...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- Dr. Raza Malik MD, PHD110 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02215
- Dr. Nezam H Afdhal M.D.Bidmc Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Sumeet K. Tewani MD330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Sanjiv Chopra M.D.401 Park Dr Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Diarmuid Sean Manning M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Michelle J Lai M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215