Dr. Scott Eccarius is an ophthalmologist practicing in Rapid City, SD. Dr. Eccarius specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Eccarius can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Eccarius can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med- Vermillion Sd- 1987
University of South Dakota 1987
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Ophthalmology; Sioux Falls Fam Prac Res, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati Program
Dr. Scott Eccarius MD's Practice location
Dr. Scott Eccarius MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Side Effects of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are eye disorders that can be rectified through eye surgery, enabling you to avoid the tedium of using glasses and contact lenses to see distant objects and to read comfortably. In Lasik eye surgery, an excimer laser removes tissue from the cornea,...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
The normal process of aging is the leading cause of cataracts. The eye’s lens slowly loses its clarity and gets cloudy as we age. As a result, the quality of vision decreases. Cataract surgery is recommended when your life’s quality starts to suffer.It is important to know how to prepare...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- Dr. Stephen S Khachikian M.D.1220 New Scotland Rd Slingerlands NY 12159
- Dr. Prema Abraham MD2800 3rd St Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Daniel J Hafner M.D.2800 3rd St Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Terrence S Spencer M.D.6881 S Yosemite St Englewood CO 80112
- Rebecca Linquist Other2820 Mount Rushmore Rd Rapid City SD 57701
- Dr. Ted Harold Fromm M.D.Department Of Ophthalmology And Visual Sciences Unmc Omaha NE 68198