Dr. Mehren Sondergaard is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAN ANTONIO, TX. Dr. Sondergaard specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Sondergaard evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Sondergaard helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Mehren Paige Sondergaard's Practice location
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78258Get Direction
Mrs. Mehren Paige Sondergaard's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Mrs. Julie Ann Cripps M.A. CCC-SLP14215 CAVALCADE SAN ANTONIO TX 78248
- Rocio Infante4647 MEDICAL DR SAN ANTONIO TX 78229
- Mrs. Sonya L Potts M.ED.CCC/SLP18734 MILLHOLLOW SAN ANTONIO TX 78258
- Amanda Pepito SLP2203 BABCOCK RD SAN ANTONIO TX 78229
- Laura Corona6655 FIRST PARK TEN BLVD SAN ANTONIO TX 78213
- Ms. Jenna Mackenzie M.S., CCC-SLP7400 MERTON MINTER ST SAN ANTONIO TX 78229