Dr. Joseph Duffy M.D.
Hospice and Palliative Care Specialist | Hospice and Palliative Medicine220 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ, 07470
Dr. Joseph Duffy is a top Family Practitioner in Wayne, NJ. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to his specialty, Dr. Joseph Duffy is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through his designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Joseph Duffy is a prime example of a true leader in health care. As a leader and expert in his field, Dr. Joseph Duffy is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life, and embodies the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients. In Wayne, NJ, Dr. Joseph Duffy is a true asset to his field and is dedicated to the profession of medicine. Dr Duffy's experience traverses over 25 years in both the military and civilian worlds of medicine, with an extensive background in emergency medicine , aerospace medicine and family medical care.
Education and Training
School of Aerospace Medicine, USAF, San Antonio, Texas Flight Surgeon 1985
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1987
Ross University / School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine 1987
Ross University School of Medicine 1987
American Board of Family Medicine
Hospice and Palliative Care (Family Medicine)
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Preceptor King's College Physican Assistant Program 2016 - 2016
- Clinical Assistant Professor-Family & Community Medicine New York Medical College 2016 - 2016
- Clinical Preceptor St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, NJ 2016 - 2016
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Vascular Disease
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- American Board of Family Medicine
- New Jersey Hospital Association
- Aerospace Medical Association
- New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Medical Assistance Program- St. Mary Parish, Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Dr. Joseph Duffy M.D.'s Practice location
WAYNE, NJ 07470Get Direction
- The Vernal Equinox
As the Earth goes around the Sun, two moments happen annually whenever the Sun is precisely over the equator. The moments are referred to as equinoxes, and they take place on 20th or 21st of March and the 22nd or 23rd of September. In a literal sense, "equinox" stands for “equal night," because...
- Can My Diet Influence Erectile Dysfunction?
Can My Diet Influence Erectile Dysfunction?Food is known to have diverse effects on the body of a human being. Eating helps maintain our bodies and keep us alive. We all have different eating patterns and preferences. Lifestyle choices also involve the types of food we choose to consume.Our bodies...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- What is Leukemia: Get the Facts
Sometimes, we hear of certain diseases or health conditions frequently but are never aware of their background; like it is common to find people who do not know much about Leukemia. But I don’t want to underrate you. How much do you know about Leukemia? Did you know that it is a type of cancer?...
- Pneumonia: What is Oral Rehydration Therapy?
Pneumonia: What is Oral Rehydration Therapy?Oral rehydration therapy, also known as fluid replacement, is a special type of therapy that aims to treat dehydration as a result of uncontrolled body water loss. Oral rehydration therapy involves taking water with a specific amount of dissolved salts and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Tanya Nikolova M.D.1275 York Ave # 496 New York NY 10065
- Dr. Vinnidhy Dave DO429 East 75th Street New York NY 10021
- Dr. Kevin James Berg MD799 BLOOMFIELD AVE VERONA NJ 07044
- Dr. Stephen Berns MD1440 Madison Ave New York NY 10029
- Dr. Mark Swidler MD5 East 98th Street New York NY 10029
- Dr. Jeffrey Tumolva Angeles M.D.1111 Amsterdam Ave New York NY 10025