Dr. Joseph Duffy M.D.
Hospice and Palliative Care Specialist | Hospice and Palliative Medicine220 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ, 07470
Dr. Joseph Duffy is a top Family Practitioner in Wayne, NJ. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to his specialty, Dr. Joseph Duffy is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through his designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Joseph Duffy is a prime example of a true leader in health care. As a leader and expert in his field, Dr. Joseph Duffy is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life, and embodies the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients. In Wayne, NJ, Dr. Joseph Duffy is a true asset to his field and is dedicated to the profession of medicine. Dr Duffy's experience traverses over 25 years in both the military and civilian worlds of medicine, with an extensive background in emergency medicine , aerospace medicine and family medical care.
Education and Training
School of Aerospace Medicine, USAF, San Antonio, Texas Flight Surgeon 1985
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1987
Ross University / School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine 1987
Ross University School of Medicine 1987
American Board of Family Medicine
Hospice and Palliative Care (Family Medicine)
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Preceptor King's College Physican Assistant Program 2016 - 2016
- Clinical Assistant Professor-Family & Community Medicine New York Medical College 2016 - 2016
- Clinical Preceptor St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Paterson, NJ 2016 - 2016
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Vascular Disease
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- American Board of Family Medicine
- New Jersey Hospital Association
- Aerospace Medical Association
- New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Medical Assistance Program- St. Mary Parish, Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Dr. Joseph Duffy M.D.'s Practice location
WAYNE, NJ 07470Get Direction
- What Is the Dukan Diet?
There are many diets available out there to maintain one’s physique. Especially with the growing awareness of health and fitness, we humans strive to walk the healthiest path in order to live a full and vigorous lifestyle. An estimated 95% of people who follow some kind of diet to lose fat regain...
- Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
Contact lenses are popular for its two most important characteristics: flexibility and convenience. Based on their usage, contact lenses are categorized into two types: vision correcting lenses, and decorative lenses. Decorative lenses are used to improve the look of the eyes. Generally, these...
- What Are Comedones?
What are Comedones?Comedones refer to skin bumps, which are a result of clogged pores. A single bump or lesion is called a comedo. Skin pores can be fully or partially blocked and often lead to the formation of whiteheads and blackheads. Mild acne involves the presence of whiteheads and blackheads,...
- Accutane and Crohn’s: What You Need to Know
According to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, Crohn’s disease affects over 780,000 individuals living in the United States. Widely known as a common type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s causes chronic inflammation throughout the gastrointestinal tract. ...
- Is Diabetes a Lifelong Condition?
For the normal functioning of our bodies, most of what we eat is broken down during digestion into glucose. Glucose is sugar that is the source of energy for our cells and organs. Glucose is transported throughout the body via the bloodstream. Insulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Tanya Nikolova M.D.1275 York Ave # 496 New York NY 10065
- Dr. Vinnidhy Dave DO429 East 75th Street New York NY 10021
- Dr. Kevin James Berg MD799 BLOOMFIELD AVE VERONA NJ 07044
- Dr. Stephen Berns MD1440 Madison Ave New York NY 10029
- Dr. Mark Swidler MD5 East 98th Street New York NY 10029
- Dr. Jeffrey Tumolva Angeles M.D.1111 Amsterdam Ave New York NY 10025