Dr. Shachner has been in the private practice of surgery since 1992 and is currently the President of South Florida Surgical Specialists, LLC. His practice is devoted to the treatment of breast cancer ...
Education and Training
Yale School of Medicine 1985
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. Mark Shachner MD's Practice location
Pompano Beach, FL 33065Get Direction
Dr. Mark Shachner MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shachner
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination that lets your health practitioner view the lining of your colon (large intestine). A thin and flexible tube known as a colonoscopy is used to thoroughly view the colon. A Colonoscopy is also applied when screening for precancerous or cancer growths inside the colon....
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendix FactsThe appendix is also known as acecal appendix and sometimes the vermiform appendix. It is small in size with a finger-shaped pouch attached to the large intestines right at the bottom side of the belly.The lower tip of the appendiz is found 2cm below the ileocecal valve, which...
- What Is Hematochezia?
Introduction Discovering blood after a bowel movement can be a frightening experience. If you notice a bright red to black-colored blood in your stool, in the toilet bowl, or on the toilet paper, you may be experiencing rectal bleeding. Having blood in your stool does not always signal a serious...
- Dr. Abel Enrique Bello M.D.201 NW 70th Avenue, Plantation FL 33317
- Dr. Melissa R. Gianos MD2950 CLEVELAND CLINIC BLVD WESTON FL 33331
- Dr. Juan Sven aage Wester M.D.5015 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Mufaddal Ghadiali MD6405 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale FL 33308
- Dr. Camil Nabih Sader M.D.3467 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach FL 33442
- Dr. Randy Scott Kimmelman D.O.3467 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach FL 33442