Dr. Allison Reimer is a speech language pathologist practicing in SAINT CHARLES, MO. Dr. Reimer specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Reimer evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Reimer helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Allison Reimer's Practice location
SAINT CHARLES, MO 63301Get Direction
Allison Reimer's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Catherine Schnittker6351 SUTHERLAND AVE # 1W SAINT LOUIS MO 63109
- Melissa Jackson12110 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63131
- Mrs. Jacqueline Stennis SPEECH PATHOLOGIST11960 WESTLINE INDUSTRIAL DR STE 201 SAINT LOUIS MO 63146
- Kelly Varela M.S., CCC-SLP8025 BONHOMME AVE SAINT LOUIS MO 63105
- Ms. Christine Carol Schneider M.A. CCC/SLP10094 LITZSINGER RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63124
- Kari Thompson12110 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63131